Slow Cookers are becoming increasingly popular among many people owing to the fact that they save much of the time and energy of the user in the kitchen. They cook food at a very low temperature in order to eliminate the need for supervision of the user over the entire cooking process. You can even let the food cook while you are out of the house or overnight while you are sound asleep. You can cook almost everything in your slow cooker from soups, stews to cakes and desserts! Here is a simple, delicious beef stew recipe you can try:
Slow Cooked Beef Stew:
Serving Size: 8
- Oil, 2 tbsp
- Beef, 2 pounds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Potatoes, 4 cut into cubes
- Carrots, 4 cut into cubes
- Onion, 1 chopped
- Garlic cloves, 3 chopped
- Beef broth or water, 3 cups
- Tomato paste, 2 tbsp
- Thyme, 1 tsp
- Rosemary, 1 tsp
- Paprika, 1 tsp
- Bay leaves, 2
- Flour, 1/3 cup
- Cut beef into equally sized cubes. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a pan and in beef. Stir and brown on all sides. This step will take around 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer the browned beef, potatoes, carrots, garlic, onion, beef broth, tomato paste, thyme, rosemary, paprika, and bay leaves to your slow cooker and mix well. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- You can set the cooker on ‘high’ and let the dish cook for 3 to 4 hours or set it to ‘low’ and let the dish cook for 7 to 8 hours. To learn latest and delicious pressure cooker recipes along with reviews click here.
- In a small bowl, mix flour with water and add it to the slow cooker while stirring.
- Place the lid and let it cook on ‘high’ for another 30 minutes.
- Serve while it is hot and enjoy the delicious beef stew with your family. You can garnish your dish with chopped parsley before serving it, if desired.